Virtual Public Hearing Workshop
Wednesday, December 8, 2021
12:00 PM to 1:00 PM OR 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Venue: Virtual Via Zoom
Delaware Transit Corporation (DTC) is hosting two virtual Public Hearing Workshops via Zoom to gain input and comments on proposed changes to DART Statewide Bus Services to become effective March 20, 2022.
The virtual workshop will begin with a presentation of the proposed service changes, followed by a question-and-answer period (approx. 30 minutes). The remainder of the workshop will be followed by public testimony for those wishing to provide public comments. All content for the virtual public hearing workshop will be recorded and posted to www.DartFirstState.com; public testimony will be transcribed by a hearing reporter. Closed Captioning is available through Zoom. If an accommodation such as a language translator is needed, please call (302) 760-2827, one week in advance.
For your convenience, the summary of proposed service changes, maps and specific schedules is also available at the reception desks of DART Administrative Offices in Wilmington and Dover, and at the Lewes Transit Center, and at the Wilmington, Dover, and Georgetown Public Libraries. For information on an alternative format, please call (302) 760-2827.
Attendees may also provide comments via email, online comment form, calling 1-800-652-DART (3278), option 2, or by mail sent to: DART Public Hearing, 119 Lower Beech St., Wilmington, DE 19805-4440, by December 14, 2021.
Summary of proposed changes: ( Accessible Proposed Route Schedules )New Castle County The following Routes would have schedule adjustments to improve on-time performance:
- Weekdays – 4, 5, 6, 10, 13, 15, 25, 33, 37, 40, 46, 54, 55 and 64
- Weekends – 4, 8, 13, 15, 33, 64
- Route 9 – Timing adjustments to accommodate weekday shift times at the new Amazon facility at Boxwood Road.
- Routes 10 and 15 – Discontinue weekend service to Reads Way due to low ridership and businesses not operating on weekends. Service will continue along Commons Blvd. (see Route 10 and 15 map)
- Routes 13 and 61 – formalizing the detour as the Tri State Mall bus stop and Park and Ride are no longer served due to a developer’s request to discontinue service to their property. Route 13 trips are revised to begin and end on Naamans Road at Montclair Drive near Northtowne Plaza. (see Route 13 map) Route 61 will continue to circle around Society Drive before heading to Brandywine Commons or Claymont Station. (see Route 61 map)
- Route 25 – Trips heading to Wrangle Hill would be rerouted through Llangollen via Schafer Boulevard instead of Llangollen Boulevard, and all Route 25 trips would stop at the bus stop on DuPont Highway (US 13 South) and Llangollen Boulevard. (see Route 25 map)
- Route 33 - Trips to Wilmington would stop on the outside of DE 4/DE 896 Park & Ride instead of going inside the facility. Trips to Newark would continue to go inside the facility. (see Route 33 map)
- Route 37 – Two changes are proposed. First, the route would be revised to serve the new North Middletown P&R on AM trips to Wilmington and PM trips to Middletown. Second, the Wrangle Hill Park & Ride would only be served in the AM to Middletown and PM to Wilmington. (see Route 37 map)
- Route 44 – The St. Georges “detour” routing will be discontinued as DelDOT has completed the streetscape project along Broad Street. (see Route 44 map)
- Route 46 – Weekday service adjustments are proposed in the early AM to meet shift times for employers at the Pencader Corporate Center.
- Route 64 – On Sunday, discontinue the 7:28 AM trip from Christiana Mall to Peoples Plaza due to low ridership; create a new trip departing at 7:28 PM from Christiana Mall to Peoples Plaza.
- Holiday Service would be offered on Bus Routes 2, 4, 5, 6, 13, 15, 33, 40, 47 and 64 for Memorial Day, Independence Day (July 4) and Labor Day. Service would operate on a Sunday schedule, where Route 47 will operate on a Saturday schedule.
Kent County - Minor schedule adjustments are proposed to improve on-time performance.
Sussex County - Schedule time adjustments on some routes to improve on-time performance and connections.Intercounty - Schedule time adjustments on some routes to improve on-time performance and connections.
- Route 302 – The route would be revised to serve the new North Middletown P&R on all trips. (see Route 302 map)
- Route 303 – The segment to Philadelphia Pentecostal Church would be discontinued due to low ridership and to improve running times. (see Route 303 map)